When I decided to throw a birthday party for my dog Ernie, I wanted to make sure it was a success. I created a guest list, bought decorations and found the perfect location. The only thing that was missing was a personalized dog friendly birthday cake that he could share with his friends.
I searched online, at local boutiques and visited every major retail pet store chain but nobody offered a dog cake that was baked fresh, personalized and delivered with quality. I realized there was a need for dog birthday cakes and dog cupcakes that were reasonably priced and of course baked and delivered with love. That’s why I started ErnieCakes.
I was determined to use only the highest quality human-grade ingredients in all of my ErnieCake products. No harmful ingredients like chocolate or nuts are used.
Throwing your dog a birthday party is a must. I guarantee your four-legged friend will give the party two paws up! Here are some helpful tips to ensure your dog party is a success:
Invite Doggy Guests:
- Invite dogs that play well with others and are similar in age.
- It’s important to invite dogs that are well socialized and play well with other dogs.
- I recommend that each dog’s owner is present at the party to watch after their dog. Providing chairs and refreshments for dog owners is always a plus!
Location is Key:
- Throw the party in a fenced in area so that all dogs are safe.
- Make sure there are shady areas for dogs to rest during the party.
- A dog party can get a little rowdy. Make sure that your party is in a location where dogs will be free to bark and play comfortably.
Tasty Cakes and Cupcakes (this is my favorite part):
- Every birthday dog needs a personalized birthday cake!
- The birthday dog can’t have all the tasty fun! It never hurts to have dog cupcakes for the guests.
- Make sure that any cake you buy uses ingredients that are safe for dogs and is consumed in moderation.
- Have plenty of water at the party that is accessible to dogs of all sizes.
Cheese! Party Photos:
- Grab your camera and start snapping! Take a photo of each party guest with their dog when they arrive. At the end of the party, take a group photo of owners with their dogs. Make a photo collage online and e-mail personalized thank you cards after the party.
- Set-up a white background with friendly props like party hats and leis. Get ready for cute photos!
The most important tip is to plan ahead and have fun.